Five dead at one retirement home
– It’s incredibly sad that the infection has taken hold at this residence, says the Head of the Care Administration Camilla Gärdebring.
A total of five people have died from covid-19 at the same residence over the past three weeks.
– It's very sad for the people involved and a very stressful situation for the staff working there, says Camilla Gärdebring.
Even staff at the retirement home have been found to be infected with the coronavirus.
– Some of the staff have been tested. We have staff who have confirmed covid-19 and we have co-workers with symptoms.
On Thursday, 41 per cent of the permanent staff were absent.
– It would be preferable if all employees with symptoms at this residence were tested.
What are you doing now?
– We’re doing what we've been doing all along. We’re following our basic hygiene routines, limiting staff who work with those infected, we’re using protective equipment and we’ve had a visiting ban in place for a few weeks, says Camilla Gärdebring.