Al-Ganas: ”My success was a threat”
Now he wants to talk about the investigation he head to undergo from media, and the mistakes he made. The first talk was at Mötesplats Ljungdala (Meetingplace Ljungdala).
– I'm telling my side of the story. Young people must be careful about what they write in the social media. And they must be careful about what they say and do.
He has admitted that hes has expressed himself wronglys about Jews, but he was so young when he wrote the comments.
He is still only 19.
He thinks the Social Democrats let him down.
– They judged me harshly although I was so young.
Omar Al-Ganas believes that his success in the election among Social Democrats in Hässleholm was his downfall.
– Before the election I was their golden boy, and they hugged me all the time. After the election they didn't even speak to me.
He thought he would get a seat on the municipal executive board. He had, after all, got most personal votes. But he was given the post of third substitute.
– What kind of signal does that send out about democracy? I questioned that.
Omar Al-Ganas is convinced that his background ist partly to blame.
– My background as a Muslim irritated people. No matter what I do, I'll never be considered Swedish (he identifies himself as being Swedish with an Iraqi background).
Omar Al-Ganas is not going to take an active part in politics any more. And he thinks that the voters - around 500 - who voted for him will not vote for the Social Democrats next time.