"We woke up in shock" – the affected family have many questions following the explosion
On Tuesday, just ten minutes after midnight, there was an explosion at their front door in an apartment building on Götagatan in central Hässleholm. Janan Flayeh and her family had to spend the night at a hotel.
– I usually always sleep at eleven-twelve o'clock. I heard a very loud bang. My father shouted "what has happened, what has happened?", says Mkhaiber Al-Obaedi.
”My husband yelled at me to get water to put the fire out”Janan Flayeh
He opened the bedroom door and saw that the corner of the hall and the door was on fire. The smoke was very strong in the apartment and the building.
– I felt really scared; I had palpitations. I did not know what was happening. My husband yelled at me to get water to put the fire out, says Janan Flayeh.
”There were small pieces of metal, so it was probably a bomb actually, this is what they suspected”Mkhaiber Al-Obaedi
He shows a scorched vest from the events of the night.
The police have not commented on what it was that exploded. But it was directed towards the apartment door.
– There were small pieces of metal, so it was probably a bomb actually, this is what they suspected, says Mkhaiber Al-Obaedi.
The family comes from Iraq.
– It felt like a nightmare. It reminds me of things we have left far behind, says Nasser.
– In my country there were always many bombs, says Janan Flayeh.
They do not know why it happened.
– We have always been good people. My father and my mother have a very good relationship with people. We are decent. My brother works in a hotel and I work as an assistant nurse at the hospital, says Mkhaiber.
– We have never had any problems with anyone, says Jamal.
”It is a serious incident. We are at a very sensitive stage in the investigation now”Anders Svensson, Head of Serious Crime
The police were alerted to the explosion at 00.11 on Tuesday night. The police, emergency services and the national bomb squad were dispatched.
The police have knocked on doors in the area. Witnesses have seen two people running from the door after the bang. The police do not want to comment on the incident at this stage.
– It is a serious incident. We are at a very sensitive stage in the investigation now, says Anders Svensson, Head of Serious Crime.
At 00.42 on Wednesday, the police received an alarm that an apartment on Viaduktgatan in Hässleholm was shot at. The apartment was located close to the apartment that was subject to an explosive attack on Tuesday.
Nobody was physically injured in the shooting, but the incident has been classified as attempted murder.
Individuals who may have witnessed something in connection with the two incidents can call the police on 11414.