Explosions at Gamlegården centre
The police received the call reporting the incident at 12:45 and sent several patrols to the place. .According to preliminary reports between 10 and 15 youths were running around at Gamlegården shopping centre.
When the police arrived they met several youths aged between 14 and 17 who are suspected of being involved in the incident.
”think the police ought to open a station out here”Mustafa Mohamad
– We drove one of the boys home to his parents, says Patric Fors, spokesman at the police headquarters, shortly after 2 pm.
A short time after the fireworks had been let off it was quiet in the area. The police left again soon after 2 pm.
– I think the police ought to open a station out here, says Mustafa Mohamad, who is very indignant-
”he outdoor cameras have a positive effect in the area, of course, but there are also negative effects - the criminals have moved inside the shopping centre”Mustafa Mohamad
He lives in Kristianstad and works in the area.He usually does his shopping at Gamlegården.
– That isn't possible any longer, he says.
– The outdoor cameras have a positive effect in the area, of course, but there are also negative effects – the criminals have moved inside the shopping centre.
– The plain truth is, they're sure that they won't be punished.They know very well that a lot of bureaucratic details are needed to prove their involvement.
”The problem is how to break up these groups”Mustafa Mohamad
He would like to see a greater police presence.
– I think that shows that the police should open a station here.
At the same time he knows that a police station will not solve the problem of gangs.
– They just move somewhere else. The problem is how to break up these groups.
The police have made a report on harassment and breach of order.