Boy under the age of 15 planned murder at school – halted
The police became aware that there was a conspiracy to commit murder on Wednesday afternoon, according to Robert Loeffel, the police’s Press Spokesperson
The police suspect that the crime is linked to a primary school in Kristianstad.
The police carried out investigative measures yesterday evening and night, and a boy – under the age of 15 – was brought in for questioning. The boy was handed over to social services following investigative measures.
- There is no longer any threat, says Robert Loeffel, Police Spokesperson.
According to Robert Loeffel, school representatives have been informed and they have been cooperating with the police.
- We are taking this very seriously. The case concerns a serious crime, says Robert Loeffel, and continues:
- The suspect is a boy under the age of 15. As the suspected perpetrator is young, we are sparse with details.
How did you learn about the crime?
- Information was brought to our attention; however, we cannot elaborate on how. The investigation continues.
The preliminary investigation continues now and will be led by Prosecutor Christofer Ramkvist. He says he cannot share further information other than what the police have already disclosed.
- It is very fresh. We cannot make any further comments to the media. In a few days, maybe, says Christofer Ramkvist.
- The suspicions were strong enough to initiate a preliminary investigation. I cannot comment on the exact magnitude.
Did you receive information through a tip?
- It's not the kind of tip that people usually give.
The school's principal confirms the suspected crime.
- We have received information that there is an ongoing police case, and of course we are cooperating with the police regarding the issue.
When did the information reach you?
- It was discovered on Wednesday evening and late during the night.
Can you confirm that this concerns a pupil at your school?
- I can confirm that we have a police case in connection with the school.
How will you work with pupils and parents in the future?
- We are making ourselves available, informing and circulating. We are answering those questions we can. We have informed that there is no ongoing threat to our school, and that we are working to keep the school safe.