Lekholmen night nursery celebrates with Open House
A lot of parents who work in the emergency services, in home care, in the police and in hospitals must have someone to look after their children during the night. Lekholmen night nursery never closes.
– We are the only nursery in the municipality to provide child care and leisure activities round the clock, at holidays and at night, every day of the year, says Ruzica Stanojevic, rector for school district east in Kristianstad municipality.
She thinks there is a need to inform everyone living in the municipality about the night nursery.
– It doesn’t cost more to have a child here at night than during the day. And our staff speak several languages, she says.
At Lekholmen there is a nursery school, a community youth centre and a night nursery, for children between the ages of one and thirteen.
– One parent has children here until eight in the evening, another child comes every third weekend. It can be so different, says Stina Malmberg, a nursery nurse who has been there since the very beginning.
There is a queue for a place – the nursey meets a need.
– Nowadays a lot of parents don’t have a fixed timetable, says Ruzica Stanojevic.
– The community of today is completely different. Take shops, for example, they open earlier and stay open longer, says Stina Malmberg.
Can children bring along their own comfort blanket and cuddly toy?
– Of course they can, all three say.
The celebration will be held on 24th October, with Open House between 4 and 6 pm.