19-year-old suspected of murder released
The trial in the security room in Malmö has been followed by several observers. Most of them were jubilant at two o’clock on Monday afternoon when judge Lena Berlin announced that one of the two suspected 19-year-olds had been released.
The 19-year-old’s lawyer Victor Banke said:
– He was standing behind a bush.
The two brothers who were shot tried to find the perpetrators via the social media. Victor Banke does not think this is a reliable way of identifying a person.
Prosecutor Helena Ljunggren said:
– This is not typical of a shooting in criminal circles. These are ordinary men who work and do as they should, but whose lives have been turned upside down. It could just as easily have ended up with two murders.
It was on 12th December that the assault and shooting took place at Trebackalånggatan. The suspects are three men who are related to each other. The oldest is 34, and has a criminal record. He has disappeared.
Ljunggren thinks the 19-year-olds should be sentenced to eight-ten years in prison if they are found guilty.
But one of the suspects was released after the last day of the trial. The other 19-year-old must remain in custody, but without restrictions. He has been under arrest for five months.
His lawyer Byron Törnström does not think that there is binding evidence: there is no technical evidence, no witness other than his brothers can point him out.
The district court’s verdict will be pronounced in a week.