Tip from Region Skåne: How to get your vaccine faster
– The plan is that everyone who wants to should have received their first dose by mid-August, says Maria Landgren, Vaccine Coordinator at Region Skåne's press conference on Wednesday.
”By mid-September, we will be finished.”Maria Landgren, Vaccine Coordinator
– By mid-September, we will be finished.
On Monday at 9 am, there will be another 20,000 vaccine appointments for the age group 50-59 years. (On Monday, there were 14,000 appointments.)
There is criticism – many people are unable to sit by the computer and chase vaccine appointments.
How to book an appointment
You should not log on to 1177 to make an appointment for a vaccine.
You will find the links on that page to the vaccine companies that are currently vaccinating in Skåne. You book an appointment on their website.
You need to provide a social security number to make a booking so that the people giving vaccines can see that you are the right age, i.e. 50 to 59 years old.
And you must have an email address where you can get the confirmation.
”50-59-year-olds are at a high risk of getting extremely sick from covid-19.”Maria Landgren, Vaccine Coordinator
Have you considered releasing vaccine appointments at times other than 9 am?
– We have chosen to do it at the same time next week, she says.
– We’re taking the criticism on board and we will see if we should stick to the same time or not, says Maria Landgren.
Why have you chosen to do this?
– It is important to be clear for citizens. 50-59-year-olds are at a high risk of getting extremely sick from covid-19. But we need to be clearer that we only have a few doses and that you do not have to be logged on to 1177.se.
More vaccines are on the way.
– Everyone aged 50-59 should be able to book an appointment in the next few weeks, she says.
When the older ones are done, it's time for 40-49-year-olds. Then we will continue with the younger ones.
Här saknas innehåll
”By week 23, everything will be in full swing”Alf Jönsson, Regional Director
In July, there may be a shortage of vaccines.
– It may be that some age groups may have to wait until August before they receive their first dose. At the same time, the Swedish Public Health Agency is working on getting more vaccines, she says.
Alf Jönsson (Regional Director) promises that it will be easier to book an appointment.
– By week 23, everything will be in full swing. We will use every vaccine we get.
Maria Landgren suggested another way to get a vaccine:
– Some days in hospital there may be a vaccine left over because people failed to show up. Those of you who are 50-59 years old can register your interest via 1177.se to get a leftover dose.