Queue for the first dip of the season
The summer sky was clear blue when the Kantarell outdoor pool opened on Saturday. The Sadiku family had driven from Kristianstad to take a dip.
”People have been longing for this”Malin Wellberg, local manager
– The children have been going on about this for weeks, we usually come here if the weather is fine, says dad Esat.
– There were queues when we opened, you can see that people have been longing for this, says local manager Malin Wellberg.
This year the baths are concentrating on AquaSport, that is, different types of training in the water, two evenings a week. It's included in the entrance fee. Per la Fleur, new head of swimming activities in the municipality, was also there.
– What a kick-off! We couldn't wish for better, he says with a broad smile.
Dates for the opening of he swimming-pools
* In Kristianstad municipality there are eight outdoor pools. They are open all summer.
* All the pools are heated.
This year the pools open as follows:
* 5th June – Kantarellbadet
* 18th June – Torsebrobadet and Gamlegårdsbadet.
* 19th June – Arkelstorpsbadet, Forsakarsbadet, Huarödsbadet and Väbadet
* Tollarpsbadet has been hit by technical problems. The hope is to be able to open by 28th June at the latest.
For times of opening see the municipality's homepage.