New proposal: this is how the new municipal building will look
In the autumn it became clear that it would cost too much to build the municipal building as planned.The head of the local government administration, Merete Tillman, put her foot down. She did not have so much money to spend.
Now there is a new proposal for a smaller municipal building.
– We have collaborated with the contractor firm Skanska and the architects Krook & Tjäder. I feel they have listened to our ideas and intentions, says Merete Tillman.
”It will be a cool building, and the people in Göinge can be proud of it”Merete Tillman, head of the local government administration
She is pleased with the proposal. The new two-storey municipal building will look out from behind the building known as the doctor's house.
– The facade will be of timber.
A pathway will run between the courthouse and the doctor's house, and can be used by pupils at the school and others.
– Their way to school will be better than it is today. Now they have to cross the municipality's parking lot.
The new municipal building has built-in emergency exits to eliminate the risk of climbing.
– There will be plenty of room for meetings and discussions, says Merete Tillman.
The social services will have separate premises in the building that are closed off.
Inside the new building there will be three offices for politicians. The politicians will also use the former courthouse; they will hold their municipal council meetings there.
– It will be a cool building, and the people in Göinge can be proud of it, says Merete Tillman, who still does not know the final cost of the building.