Fatin found her husband in Turkey
When Kb Mosaik spoke to Fatin five years ago she talked about the racism in Knislinge. She came to Sweden in 2002.
Did they call you names?
– Yes, but we were the only immigrant family in – excuse the expression – that neck of the woods. They had snuff and you could see the buttocks, and they had the cheek to call med names.
– But I had Swedish friends who helped me, we were quite close. It isn't good for anyone to be excluded.
You said that a lot of Swedes think that foreigners are noisy, that they are on the defensive straight away.
– Yes, we're a bit more hot-blooded, Swedes are calmer and rather afraid of conflicts, ”it isn't my business”, Immigrants show their feelings more openly. Perhaps not so much just now, but you can see it during Ramadan. As soon as we break our fast, we get going, with lots of food and we stay up all night.
You were head cook at Max?
– I still have the same job, but now I'm called a superintendent. I enjoy my work. I like working with people and under pressure.
”I can't leave my mother, she's the head of the family . A mother is holy for us immigrants”Fatin Siddik
– I've been at Max for ten years. I've been working a lot of overtime, double shifts, to be able to bring my husband here as a relative.
You've moved, but you still live at Österäng?
– I can't leave my mother, she's the head of the family . A mother is holy for us immigrants.
Do you like living at Österäng?
– I like Österäng, there's no traffic among the houses, it's very green, there are trees where you can go out with the dog. It has been quiet here, but young people would rather make a quick buck than struggle to make their way in life. They go up on the roof, set off fireworks. Going out with the dog isn't much fun.
Här saknas innehåll
You've just got married?
– I had to go to Turkey to find a husband, haha. That meant a lot of trips there. We caught sight of one another and started flirting in 2013, and we got engaged in 2017, and now we're married.
– My husband has a temporary residence permit valid for two years before he gets a permanent permit, I'm grateful for that. He has got a place at Sfi and is listed at the job centre.