They were given a residence permit – after ten years
– It’s hard to take it in, after such a long time, but I’m so glad – words can’t describe how I feel, says Jamila Aboutarik,who lives with daughter Rita in a one-room flat.
– It’s Rita who keeps me going. When I look at her, I feel strong.
Asylum-seekers are not entitled to rehabilitation, only certain types of medical care, medicines and physiotherapy. Once Jamila has got the last four numbers in her personal identity number she is hoping to get rehabilitation and more appliances which can help her.
”Then I want to get a job and repay what Sweden has given me”Jamila Aboutarik
– I want to be able to walk again, she says firmly.
– Then I want to get a job and repay what Sweden has given me.
She hopes to be able to leave Migrationsverket’s accomodation and move to a place of her own. Where her daughter Rita can have her own room.
– We’re glad to get a home of our own at last, Jamila says.
– Life has come back to me.