Vaccination: Drop in one of several ways to reach foreign-born
The government does not want to have any white patches on the map that shows how many have been vaccinated. So the regions will share 40 million for various measures, said social minister Lena Hallengren (S) at Wednesday's press conference.
”There are municipalities and areas in towns where the rate of vaccination is lower, and that is where there is the risk of an outbreak.”Johan Carlson, general director Folkhälsomyndigheten
Johan Carlson, Folkhälsomyndigheten's general director, was also there. He said there were big socio-economic differences.
– There are municipalities and areas in towns where the rate of vaccination is lower, and that is where there is the risk of an outbreak.
Fewer get vaccinated in certain housing areas
According to Region Skåne there is a lower rate of vaccination in Kristianstad municipality in Näsby, Gamlegården and Charlottesborg.
In Hässleholm municipality the areas in question are the central parts of Hässleholm, Ljungdala and some surrounding areas such as Hästveda, Nävlinge, Tjörnarp and Bjärnum.
”We cannot confirm that the majority of patients being treated in hospital are non-Swedes”Per Hagstam, Region Skåne
The differences are greatest among younger people. Most older people have been vaccinated, irrespective of their background.
Last week there were 38 covid-19 patients being cared for in hospitals in Skåne. Most of them had a non-Swedish background and had not been vaccinated.
Many of them said that they had not received any information about vaccination or what they should do to be vaccinated.
– We know that it is more difficult to reach non-Swedes with the offer of vaccination in certain areas in the cities, says Per Hagstam, deputy regional epidemiologist and vaccination co-ordinator in Region Skåne.
– Most of those needing hospital care for covid-19 just now have not been vaccinated. And the average age has dropped, he says.
– We cannot confirm that the majority of patients being treated in hospital are non-Swedes.
What are you going to do now?
– We work closely with municipalities, county administrative boards and others to increase the rate of vaccination.
Among these instances are the Red Cross, the adult education association Sensus, folk high schools, Yallatrappan, Sfi and others.
Certain upper high schools also carry out vaccinations.
– And they have a ”drop in” system for people who have difficulty in making an appointment.
Per Hagstam says that health centres will also help. The Näsby health centre has worked with groups in its district and been to the mosque to give information.
In Kalmar and Uppsala they have sent letters to people who have not been vaccinated. Why can't we do the same in Skåne?
– We have no information about adults who have been vaccinated by the actors bought in in phase 4. So we are unable to send out offers of appointments to individuals.