They rescued children who had fallen into the water
It is one of the last days of the summer holidays. The weather has been fine, there have been lots of bathers.
– We were closed a few days when it rained, for that affects the quality of the water, says Mosaab Katramiz.
On two occasions children have done a number two in the pool, so the baths had to be closed for cleaning.
”The parent wasn't watching her child at all. I told her she must keep a close watch on her child”Mosaab Katramiz, attendant
During the summer several people have drowned in Sweden, both children and adults. There have been a few incidents at Gamlegårdsbadet. Mosaab has been the hero of the summer.
– A mother with a four-year-old was in the toilet. When they came out, the four-year-old ran straight out and jumped into the water. So I had to jump in and pull him out, he says.
”We often joke that there's never a dull moment”Frida Jarl, attendant
Another time it was a girl who jumped in without realising that it was deep. Mosaab jumped in and rescued her.
– Last year there was one parent who wasn't watching when her child fell into the water.I pulled the child out. The parent was completely unaware I told her she had to keep an eye on her child, but she didn't even say thanks, says Mosaab. The child, a boy, who had fallen in, had learnt a lesson.
– He never went near the pool again, he says.
But Mosaab doesn't want to have his picture in the paper.
You're a bit of a hero around here, don't you want to have your photo in the paper?
– I'll just be a secret hero, he says.
ABK is responsible for the pool,through KSLS swimming club. Attendants are in charge of the kiosk, they test the quality of the water, clean the toilets and see to it that a high standard of safety is maintained.
– We often joke that there's never a dull moment, there's always something to. It's fun, says Frida Jarl.
– You get to know a new culture and new people. It's a great place, says Olivia Jarl.