They helped the man who was shot: "Everything happened so fast"
The shooting in Gamlegården was at 3 am on Wednesday morning. Traces of blood on the bike path in Gamlegården are still clearly visible later on in the morning. The family who raised the alarm live right next to the scene. They helped the 35-year-old man. He is considered to have suffered serious gunshot wounds to the leg.
– He had blood all over his lower body, says the father of the family.
It was his daughter, who is in her 20s, who heard the shooting. She woke up the rest of the family.
”When I noticed that there was a man who had been shot, I became hysterical and started screaming”the daughter in the family who was first on the scene
– Everything happened so fast. I tried to help him so that he didn’t bleed out before the ambulance arrived, she says who is shaken after the incident.
They are surprised that no one else seems to have heard the shooting.
– When I noticed that there was a man who had been shot, I became hysterical and started screaming. It's strange that no one else heard it. Other residents on Albogatan say that they didn’t hear the shooting. A man interviewed by Kristianstadsbladet found out what had happened after the police knocked on his door.
”Most people who live here are very nice and very good”Lars-Erik Björk
– They contacted everyone in the whole house, the man says.
– I have lived here for 22 years, but now I want to move from here. There’s a lot of bad stuff happening here, he says.
In the courtyard, Lalle Aziri and Lars-Erik Björk weed the flower beds. They work for a company hired by ABK. The two of them talk to people in the area every day.
– It's a shame in such a nice area. ABK has put a lot of money on making it pleasant out here, the courtyards are very nice. Most people who live here are very nice and very good. It’ a small clique that are doing things like this, says Lars-Erik Björk.