1. Svenska
  2. English
  3. العربية

Teenagers no longer suspected for shootings

The prosecutor has written off the three teenagers who were suspected of the shootings at Gamlegården on 3rd August.
Kristianstad • Publicerad 9 augusti 2021
The police are still looking for the persons who carried out the shootings on 3rd August.
The police are still looking for the persons who carried out the shootings on 3rd August.Foto: Simon Rehnström

The prosecutor decided on Friday 6th August to write off completely the three persons who had previously been held on suspicion of the shootings.

So no suspicion at all remains against the three persons in the case, the prosecuting authorities write in a press release.

Chief prosecutor Pernilla Åström at Wednesday's press conference outside the police headquarters in Kristianstad.
Chief prosecutor Pernilla Åström at Wednesday's press conference outside the police headquarters in Kristianstad.Foto: Johan Nilsson/TT

Chief prosecutor Pernilla Åström says that they are no longer under suspicion - the three persons have alibis.

– They were somewhere else when the incident took place. We have clear evidence of that, says Pernilla Åström.

What is the next step in the investigation?

– I don't want to say exactly. What I can say is that the police are working hard to find clues which can lead us to whoever has been responsible.

The preliminary investigation is now in progress to find the persons who were involved in the shootings in Kristianstad.

Maria SällbergSkicka e-post
Vilhelm EricsonSkicka e-post
Så här jobbar Mosaik Kristianstadsbladet med journalistik. Uppgifter som publiceras ska vara korrekta och relevanta. Vi strävar efter förstahandskällor och att vara på plats där det händer. Trovärdighet och opartiskhet är centrala värden för vår nyhetsjournalistik.