Police looking for several culprits – man suspected of being raped at a playground in Åhus
The police were alerted to the rape on Monday night. According to police information, the incident took place outdoors between 10 and 11 pm at a playground in Gästhamnen.
– An adult male reported that he was raped, says Evelina Olsson, police Spokesperson.
The police cordoned off the playground for a forensic investigation which included a sniffer dog.
On Tuesday afternoon, the investigation was complete and the cordons were removed at 1.08 pm.
The victim was taken to hospital on Monday night.
– He was taken to hospital for examination, says Evelina Olsson.
– There are several procedures when it comes to this type of crime, investigations and evidence-collection protocols. It is carried out at the hospital.
On Tuesday, the police carried out interviews with the victim and the man provided his account of what had happened.
No arrests were made on Tuesday. The police had no suspected perpetrators.
– We are interested in hearing from witnesses. Especially from people who were in the area around the harbour during the late evening and until midnight, says Mikael Persson, on-call investigator with the police in Kristianstad.
Is the suspected perpetrator a man or a woman?
– It's not a woman, says Mikael Persson.
Are there several perpetrators?
– There is more than one. They are not women, but men, says Mikael Persson.
The police are knocking on doors in the area and the investigation continues.
– We are now looking at the information we have received. We have been certain findings and secured some evidence, says Mikael Persson.