Man in his 30s dead after suspected shooting
A large area by Lyckans höjd in Kristianstad has been cordoned off.
– The alarm was raised just after 8 pm. Several people had heard loud bangs in the area around Höjdvägen. We found a person who was injured at the scene when we arrived. The person was found in a car park, says Patric Fors, Spokesperson for the police, he continues:
– The person was taken to hospital by ambulance.
At 20.15, Region Skåne announced that the person, a man in his 30s, had died.
The man's relatives have been informed. A preliminary investigation into suspected murder has begun.
Have you arrested anyone on suspicion of murder?
– It’s not something that I can comment on at the moment, says Patric Fors at around 11 pm.
At that time, forensic technicians had not arrived at the scene yet.
– They are on their way. They'll probably be at the scene in 20 minutes.
A large number of patrols were at the scene around höjdvägen in the evening. There was also police presence at CSK where the man was taken by ambulance.
– We are still at the scene and knocking on doors and searching the area with a specially trained dog.
Witnesses that Kb/NSk has spoken to say that they heard bangs while they sat and ate.
– Then we heard screams.
– I thought someone was calling for help.
Witnesses reported how people crowded round, including from the nearby pizzeria. Police sirens could be heard at the same time.
– It's scary that this kind of thing happens here.
– There are too many weapons in this city.