Infectious diseases specialist: ”The pandemic is still with us. If you have any symptoms, you must still stay at home”
There seems to be a new normal situation, if we are to believe Skåne's infectious diseases specialist Eva Melander. Should I still go and get tested if I have the slightest symptom of a cold?
”Everyone must be tested if they show symptoms, even although they have been vaccinated”Eva Melander, infectious diseases specialist
– Yes, the pandemic is still with us. If you have any symptoms, you must still stay at home and have yourself tested. This includes people who are fully vaccinated, and children.
How can I book a covid test now?
– The general public can make an appointment using 1177.se If you can't do that, you can book a time through your health centre. People who work in the health and care sector make their appointment via Region Skåne's testing for employees.
Will the testing cost a lot?
– No, it is free if you have symptoms or when contacts are being traced.
Are recommendations different for people who haven't been vaccinated as against those who are fully vaccinated?
– The general advice applies to everyone, but the recommendation to keep one's distance is most relevant for people who are not fully vaccinated or who have not been vaccinated at all.
– But everyone must stay at home if they are unwell. Everyone must be tested if they show symptoms, even although they have been vaccinated, with the exception of people who have had covid-19 during the past six months. Everyone must observe good hand hygiene.
– For people who have not been fully vaccinated or who have not been vaccinated at all, it's all about keeping at a safe distance , particularly in relation to risk-groups and the elderly (the over-70s).