”I watched him walking towards the teacher with a knife”
The 16-year-old attacked with a knife at NTI high school on Monday. A 52-year-old teacher recieved a minor injury and a 16-year-old pupil was severely injured.
The NTI high school has its premises on the floor above Kristianstadsbladet’s editorial office in central Kristianstad.
”Then we saw him start striking at the teacher. He then turned around and started striking at another pupil, the boy who got hurt”Pupil
At 9 am, the newspaper staff noticed a loud noise coming from the school. Shortly afterwards, it knocked on one of the editorial office doors.
A pupil says that his friend has been stabbed. A handful of pupils were then let into the newspaper's office while waiting for police and ambulance to arrive.
”I don’t understand why someone would attack the teacher. He is liked by everyone”Pupil
One of the pupils explains that there were around 20 pupils, plus the teacher, in the classroom when the suspect entered the classroom. He had a loudspeaker in one hand, playing a song from Queen on high volume. In the other hand he held a knife.
– I watched him walk towards the teacher with a knife, there was a panic, says the pupil.
– At first we thought it was a prank, that he was joking, says another pupil and continues:
– But then we saw him start striking at the teacher. He then turned around and started striking at another pupil, the boy who got hurt. It was then that we ran out as fast as we could.
A pupil is standing outside the cordon. He has been reached by the news of what happened and decided to go to the school.
– I don’t understand why someone would attack the teacher. He is liked by everyone.
”The nearest patrol was sent to the scene, with a strategic order to enter the premises, locate the perpetrator”Anders Olofsson, chief of the local police area
The police received the emergency call at 9:14 am.
– Seven minutes after the first emergency call the perpetrator was apprehended, says Anders Olofsson, chief of the local police area.
– The nearest patrol was sent to the scene, with a strategic order to enter the premises, locate the perpetrator and ensure that this ongoing act of violence could be stopped, he says, at an extra press conference.
Connections to knife attack in Eslöv
According to TV4 news the knife attack is connected to a knife attack at a school in Eslöv in august 2021. Then it was a 15-year-old pupil that stabbed a teacher in the stomach and threatened pupils. The teacher survived the attack.
The 15-year-old was sentenced to closed youth care.
According to TV4 news the apprehended 16-year-old in Kristianstad was a witness in an interrogation, in the police investigation of the attack in Eslöv. The both boys knew each other. They have had contact with each other via internet.