HKR is Sweden's second most popular university: "Matters most"
30,008 people have applied a total of 42,727 times to study at Kristianstad University for the autumn term 2023.
Of these, 17,954 people have ranked HKR as their top choice.
– There is continued high interest in applying for courses that lead to jobs in vital services. We are seeing a particular increase in IT courses for example, but we have also noticed that applications for healthcare programs, which were boosted by the pandemic, are now back to previous levels, says Håkan Pihl, Chancellor at Kristianstad University, in a press release.
– As a university, what matters most to us is how many people have selected studying here as their top choice, so it is great news that more people are choosing Kristianstad, says Anneli Orrung Wallin, Vice-Chancellor at Kristianstad University, in a press release.
Ten most searched programs at HKR
• Behavioural Sciences: 3,206 applications
• Digital design: 2,199 applications
• Public Health Science: 1,858 applications
• Nursing programme: 1,094 applications
• Economics programme (4 lines) 1,023 applications
• Software Development programme: 629 applications
• Human Resources and Labour Relations programme: 621 applications
• Dental Hygiene programme: 536 applications
• Pre-school teacher training: 458 applications
• Special Educational Needs programme: 391 applications