Grocery store in hold-up - robber threatened cashier
Coop at Sommarlust was robbed half an hour before closing-time on Thursday. The alarm came at half past nine.
– It was just one robber who threatened the cashier and forced her to hand over money from the till, says police spokesman Patric Fors.
”The person was holding something in his hand during the robbery”Patric Fors, police spokesman
There is no information about personal injuries.
The robber is reported to have been wearing a dark hoodie and a face-mask.
– The person was holding something in his hand during the robbery, witnesses say. What it was is not clear, says Patric Fors.
Several police patrols, including one with a dog, were sent to the scene. But without any result.
On Friday the shop was open as usual, but Coop's bosses were there to give support to the victims.
– It's a traumatic experience when something like this happens. It's important for us to take care of one another. So we're talking to everyone on the staff, says regional head André Agosti.
What can you tell us about the robbery?
– It was a youngish man who came in and demanded cash. The staff followed the routine we have and handed over the loose cash from the till before calling the police. They quickly had several patrols at the scene, he says.
– We're already prepared for something like this by only having a small amount of money in the till, but we know too that there are criminals who think a thousand crowns is worth the risk, says André Agosti.
No-one has been arrested after the robbery.