From animals in Syria to a farm in Sweden – Ammar found a job through matching
Ammar Alsaleh has just put up a fence at the cows' pasture at Häglinge Nygård. At the farm he does a bit of everything and looks after both the harvest and the animals.
– In Syria I worked in agriculture, with animals and cultivation, says Ammar Alsaleh.
What he likes best is working with animals.
”it is harder to contact an employer yourself if you come from another country and don't speak the language”Ammar Alsaleh
He came to Sweden in 2015. Finding a job was not easy.
– I applied for a lot, but couldn't find anything. I sent in a lot of applications, but didn't get any replies.
He thinks this was because he did not have any references.
– And it is harder to contact an employer yourself if you come from another country and don't speak the language.
”I felt that everything clicked”Maria Olsson, who manages Häglinge Nygård
”Finding someone who wants that kind of job is not easy”Maria Olsson, Häglinge Nygård
Häglinge Nygård's production is mainly meat, both beef and lamb. They also have horses for breeding. He got a job there in the summer. Every day he drives between Hässleholm and Häglinge.
60 people have found jobs through the project Framsteget. Ammar Alsaleh is one of those who has found a permanent job.
– I felt that everything clicked. So in the summer he got a permanent job, says Maria Olsson, who manages the farm. She has taken over after her father.
– There's a lot here that has to be done quickly, and it's physically demanding. Finding someone who wants that kind of job is not easy, she says.
How does it feel to have this job?
– It feels great, says Ammar Alsaleh.
Framsteget – so many people have found jobs
The purpose is to offer people with economic support jobs in the private business sector.
In all, 69 people have found jobs through the project. Counting those who have started to study it makes 75 people.
53 have found employment in the private sector.
16 have found jobs for a limited period of time, partly financially subsidised, in the municipality.
6 have gone on to study.
It is a form of co-operation between the municipality's section for employment, Sfi and the section for financial support within the labour market administration, financed by Leader.
Souce: Labour market section in Hässleholm.