Car dealerships dominate the blacklist – here are all the companies near you
Since the 1960s, the magazine Råd & Rön has warned consumers about thousands of companies that do not comply with the ARN by publishing their names on the so-called black list.
In Northeast Skåne, six out of eleven companies that are on the list are car dealerships.
Painting companies, Sydstall, Svensk Husproduktion and Osby Sommarmöbler are also on the list.
The list is not published by ARN itself; however, Råd & Rön takes all the cases in which ARN’s lawyers have deemed that the company has not followed Sweden’s consumer laws and regulations. The list is updated twice a year – in February and August – and once a company is listed, it stays there for two years.
The idea behind ARN is that consumers and companies should not have to go to court. Therefore, even companies that do "the right thing" following a judgment or court settlement in the District Court end up on the black list.
Companies in Northeast Skåne on the list
• M• Mats Måleri och Golvslipning in Broby:
– The dispute has been resolved, but it was a lot of grief and I didn't get a chance to make myself heard. If ARN wants me on the blacklist, so be it. I have been in business for 35 years and my customers know who I am, responds Mats Norrman, owner.
The company moved to Höllviken in 2022.
• Bromöllas Bil: did not respond to the newspaper.
• Sydstall, Tyringe: did not respond to the newspaper.
• Osby Sommarmöbler: did not respond to the newspaper.
• MQ Bilar AB, Tollarp:
– We have fixed the damage and the customers have received their money back. Everything is fixed, but one of the cases went to the District Court, replies Ahmed Qwaider, Sales Manager at MQ bilar
• Svensk husproduktion, Bromölla:
Has replied that they intend to follow ARN's recommendations.
• Bilkompaniet, Kristianstad:
Has changed its name to Fordon Expert and does not want to comment on the fact that the company’s is on the black list with its former name Bilkompaniet.
• Bilbörsen, Kristianstad:
– It was resolved a long time ago, she has received her money. It was a mistake that I wanted to take up with ARN, and she was right and so I paid out. So this is old, says Håkan Paulsson, owner of Bilbörsen.
• Johans Bilar, Kristianstad: did not respond to the newspaper.
• Bilexet, Kristianstad: did not respond to the newspaper.
• Byggfixaren: did not respond to the newspaper.