Brokrogen in fresh new premises – on the other side of the street
Four years ago Waleed Simon Shaikh Khudur took over Brokrogen in Knislinge along with his father Khaled Khader, and with the help of other family members they ran the pizzeria successfully. But Simon wanted to expand.So he got in touch with Göingehem and asked about the premises on the other side of the street, which were standing empty.
– They were happy to help., says Simon.
”I want my guests to go out with a smile on their face”Simon Khudur
But the premises were empty and unsuitable for a restaurant. A lot of work was needed to put things in order. The family got a helping hand from Ola and Anna-Karin Wiberg, who run the Ica shop in Broby. They got to know the family when several of their children worked for them.
– This summer we had three of Simon's brothers and sisters working for us. One has a permanent job, says Ola Wiberg.
”You've got to work hard if you want to get anywhere”Simon Khudur
Simon Shaikh Khudur once worked in the Wibergs' shop himself. He worked his shift there, and then went on to work in the restaurant.
– You've got to work hard if you want to get anywhere, says Simon Shaikh Khudur.
Today he is glad that he put in all that hard work. In future he would like to train as a chef or a bartender.
He has tried having a troubadour-evening in the restaurant. He hopes to be able to continue with this in the new, bigger premises.
– I want my guests to go out with a smile on their face, says Simon Khudur.
– You've got to work hard if you want to get anywhere.
During the whole pandemic the business has flourished. Simon Shaikh Khudur recently turned 23.
– That day I worked until ten in the evening, and then we had a party, he laughs.