Bianca, 8, appealed to the prime minister – got a reply
”Dear Prime Minister Stefan, I want you to make a new rule. The rule is that people mustn't smoke or use snuff”.
”It smells disgusting. I'm rather tired of it”Bianca, age 8
It was at the beginning of May that Bianca Brunner-Hjelm, 8, made up her mind to write to Stefan Löfvén (S). She drew a cigarette with a cross over it and wrote ”Boo! Yuck! Nasty!”
– There are lots of people who smoke all over the place. It smells disgusting. I'm rather tired of it, says Bianca Brunner-Hjelm.
Not long ago she got a reply from Stefan Löfven. Bianca's mother Daniela Brunner-Hjelm was surprised.
– It was a very positive feeling when we saw the letter.
”I like nature”Bianca, age 8
It was Bianca's idea to write the letter.
– Yes, it was in the evening when I was ready to go to sleep, and all my ideas come, says Bianca Brunner-Hjelm.
Mother and daughter talked about what could be done to get rid of snuff and cigarettes. Next day Bianca wrote her letter.
”Unfortunately it is difficult to forbid cigarettes and snuff”Stefan Löfven, prime minister
Two of the main reasons that Bianca wants to abolish tobacco are the unpleasant smell and the effect on people's health. But there are more reasons.
– I like nature. I don't like things that are harmful to nature.
Stefan Löfven writes about what is being done to reduce smoking, such as a special tax, a ban on smoking in certain places and warnings on cigarette packets.
”Unfortunately it is difficult to forbid cigarettes and snuff”, the prime minister writes to Bianca.
Stefan Löfven also thanks her for her letter.
”How nice of you to write to me”.
What does it feel like, getting a reply from the prime minister?
– Fun, and good. I've told everyone at school about it.
Did you think you'd get an answer?
– Yes, perhaps.
Do you think Stefan Löfven gave you a proper answer?
– Well ... I 'd really like smoking to be banned everywhere in the world.