40 per cent of new businesses started by people with foreign background
Nyföretagarcentrum has offices at Krinova. More and more people come here to get advice on starting their own business. According to Nyföretagarcentrum 62 new businesses have been started in Kristianstad municipality during 2020.
”It is a huge development in the town”Helena Lindberg, adviser
Around 40 per cent of the entrepreneurs have a foreign background. And 20 per cent are women.
– It is a huge development in the town, there are a lot of people who were born abroad who want to set up on their own, They come to us with their ideas. We treat them professionally and discreetly, says Helena Lindberg.
Nyföretagarcentrum offers free advice. If you are wondering about setting up your own business you can book a meeting and present your ideas. Then Helena Lindberg helps you to develop your plans and draw up a plan of business. She herself is self-employed in CoachLindberg AB and works as head of administration at Nyföretagarcentrum.
How to start a business in Sweden differs from in many other countries.
”Most new arrivals experience difficulty in registering and starting a business in Sweden”Helena Lindberg, adviser
– We try to explain the differences. We help with filling in forms and drawing up a budget, and we can direct them to other contacts and authorities.
”We use Google Translate to understand one another, for example. That works quite well”Helena Lindberg, adviser
– Most new arrivals experience difficulty in registering and starting a business in Sweden. There are several steps and it can cost a lot for someone who is just getting established here.
Some people have difficulties with the language.
– We use Google Translate to understand one another, for example. That works quite well.
What are the most common questions you ask people who want to start a business?
– We ask a lot of questions, to get a clear picture and give them appropriate help. For instance in a business plan there are a lot of questions – How will it be financed? Who are the prospective customers? Is any special permission required? and so on.
Hints to people wanting to set up on their own?
– Think carefully, do you feel ready to start? Don't be afraid to take the first step – get in touch with us and we can meet to discuss your business idea and your possibilities.
Find Nyföretagarcentrum in Kristianstad here.
Statistics Starting your own business
Statistics from Nyföretagarcentrum in Kristianstad 2020 (1st January - 16th November)
Number of businesses started : 62
Number of business ideas/ projects :147
The three most popular branches: 16.9 per cent want to start their own firm in the health/ medical/care sector 12.5 per cent restaurant/café sector 8.1 per cent commerce/ e-trading/shop sector
Number of female clients: 48.3 per cent
Number of male clients: 51.7 per cent
Number of women who started a business: 38.7 per cent
Number of men who started a business: 61.3 per cent