Broby's market still attracts people. The organiser, Lions Club, guesses that 7000-8000 visitors came last Saturday.
– We’ve had a summer cottage here since the 80s, so we are here almost every year, says Bitte Larsson from Ystad. She is with her daughter Sophie Tranberg, from Trelleborg.
What have you bought?
– We have bought lingonberries, onions and socks, she says.
– I bought raspberries and beans, says Bitte Larsson.
Else-Britt Ljunggren sells fruits, flowers and vegetables.
– I was loading up in Malmö this morning. We were selling in Våxtorp yesterday, and the next stop is Eslöv. It's hard work. At the same time, it's fun because you meet so many people, she says.
How many people do you think are here today?
– We believe there will be 7,000-8,000 visitors, says Christer Sylvan from Lions Club Östra Göinge.
– There are 130 stallholders here. It has decreased. People's buying habits have changed.
The market has been around since 1751.