Seven dead at one retirement home – security guard put in place
– It's extremely sad, says Head of the Care Administration Camilla Gärdebring.
On Friday there was new bad news. Two people have died as a result of covid-19 at the severely affected retirement home in Kristianstad. The death toll is now a total of seven people. In addition, the infection has now spread further.
– We have people who are infected at other homes. But I can’t comment on whether it’s one or more, says Head of the Care Administration Camilla Gärdebring to Kristianstadsbladet.
– I hope that we can limit the spread of the infection. We believe that we will have isolated cases in more homes. But we’re working hard to counter the spread. We will probably have to work with social distancing at the homes for a long time to come, she says.
On Friday, a security guard was put in place at the retirement home in Kristianstad which was severely affected by the corona infection. This was due to staff feeling harassed by journalists and curious members of the public.
Advice for the public
· Stay at home if you have a cold. Wait at least two days after you recover before returning to work or school. Avoid close contact with people over the age of 70.
· Most people with symptoms do not need to contact the health service. Follow the self-care advice on 1177.se.
Call 1177 or your healthcare centre if you need more advice and support. At 1177 you can get advice through interpreters in Arabic and Somali from 8 am to 5 pm on weekdays.
At coronatest.skane.se you can do a self-test to see if you need to seek medical care.
· If you have general questions, you can find more information on krisinformation.se, folkhälsomyndigheten.se or call 113 13.
Everyone can contribute by not spreading the infection: wash your hands, cough and sneeze into your elbows.
On Friday, the municipality put security guards in place at the retirement home where seven people died from covid-19. Staff have felt harassed by journalists and curious individuals.