Night patrols will begin in the whole of Östra Göinge by spring
Östra Göinge municipality has applied for money from Sparbanken Skåne.
– They have already given us 50, 000 crowns, says Camilla Leo Malmberg. She has been working as a new Field Assistant since September in Östra Göinge municipality.
– We have been working for eight years to try to get night patrols started.
Associations will get 1,500 crowns per three-hour shifts (at least three people per shift) or 10, 000 crowns for six occasions. As a suggestion, the shifts are from 9 pm to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays. The idea is to carry out a night patrol in the village where the association is located, where the association knows the young people.
– We may need more night patrollers at, for example, the Helgeå festival in Knislinge.
In the summer of 2018, night patrols started in Glimåkra, but interest faded.
– Those responsible in Glimåkra are positive about this initiative, says Camilla Leo Malmberg.
In January, night patrol training will begin for the associations who want to participate.
Why do you want to do this?
– We see a lot of things being destroyed in the villages. This is a way for the associations to make money. At the same time, they’re doing a community service, says Camilla Leo Malmberg.