New Magnolian officially opened with celebration and joy
– This is our new concept, said Patric Åberg, Chairman of the Municipal Executive Committee of the newly built nursery Magnolian, on Göingevägen 4b.
The nursery has six departments on two floors. It’s very similar to the new nursery in Hanaskog.
– It's just the cafeteria area that is different, said Patric Åberg.
He and the manager of the nursery Camilla Månsson were in place for the ribbon-cutting ceremony.
– For 15 years we have been talking about closing down Stormhatten’s nursery. Now we are finally here in new, fresh premises, said Åberg.
Stormhatten will be demolished to make room for other developments.
After the ribbon-cutting ceremony outside, the party continued indoors in Magnolian. There was a dance party with Bamse and his friends. Representatives from other nurseries, the constructor and the municipality as well as parents were present.
Parcels were handed out and to mark the occasion, mini-semla’s (cream buns) were offered in the cafeteria.
– This feels fantastic, said Camilla Mårtensson.
– This is a good group of people working together. They have a solution-focused attitude. Even if a problem arises, it’s resolved.
– We are pleased with this model of a nursery, said Patric Åberg.
He thinks it is important to be able to offer many different modern options.
– We have Ekebacken in Broby and private nurseries. We are starting to get a wide range. This is what we want.