Many police officers respond to youth brawl
About 40 people were involved in the brawl according to calls received by the police. The police were alerted at 2.20 pm on Sunday. Many police were sent to the scene.
– Several people were kicking a person who was lying on the ground, says Evelina Olsson, Press Spokesperson at the police's command centre.
When the police arrived, everyone involved in the brawl scattered.
The Kristianstad Arena Cup Futsal was being played inside the arena, organised by Kristianstad FC. Many young people were present.
The Kristianstad Arena Cup is one of Europe's largest futsal tournaments. Kristianstad FC organises the tournament.
Sven Larsson, Deputy Chairman of KFC, says that there are many problems with gangs of youth.
– It's very unfortunate. But this is what society is like today, says Sven Larsson.
– We hire a security company that is on "stand-by".
But they weren't in place when this happened?
– No, we thought that on one Sunday at 2.30 pm it would be calm.
Have you had problems with the gang all weekend?
– From time to time we have been forced to remove young people who are inside the Arena, in places they're not supposed to be in. Sad, but that's the way it is, says Sven Larsson.
Nobody was arrested or detained for the brawl. The police have filed a report for assault.