Her passion makes Hesho one of Sweden's biggest influencers
The exterior of the brick house in Tollarp doesn’t change much, but it’s a different story inside.
In 2018 Hesho Hama Rashid had 40,000 followers on her Instagram account @homebyhesho. Today she has more than 174,000. That puts her in eighth place on the influencer marketing company Beatly’s list of Sweden’s biggest interior decorating influencers for 2019.
– I’m very proud and very happy. It makes me glad that someone like me can do this.
Hesho Hama Rashid works in co-operation with 60 or so businesses, both local, Swedish and international. She shows their products and gives links to their websites. So they get excellent publicity in home surroundings.
She gets the products she promotes, and she gets paid.
– I’m careful about the firms I choose. I’ve turned down 30 or 40. I want to work with good partners, so that we can develope a long-term partnership.
”I give an honest picture of us here at home. I’m an ordinary person”Hesho Hama Rashid, an influencer on Instagram
Most of her followers are from Sweden, but she has also a big following in USA, Iraq, Great Britain, Germany, Tunisia and Turkey. She has even learnt a smattering of Turkish.
– That shows that I take things seriously. People take time to write comments on what I post. So I want to answer them all.
She is especially proud that she tops Beatly’s list of comments per day, with 175.
She makes a point of answering all comments. She does this late in the evening when her 3-year-old daughter has gone to bed. Hesho ought to sleep then as well, before a new day at work as head of Samhall in Hörby.
”You’ve got to put your heart into it”Hesho Hama Rashid, about beeing an influencer
– I spend all my spare time on this. It’s for the sake of my followers that I work so hard. I get so much positive feedback in return.
To meet others with respect and to be generous with comments, but also to give a glimpse into one’s own life. She thinks that is why she has so many followers on Instagram.
– I think it all depends on the fact that I give an honest picture of us here at home. I’m an ordinary person. It’s important not to lose sight of the unassuming Hesho that I really am.
– What’s important isn’t your appearance or your home, it’s who you are. You’ve got to put your heart into it.
Sweden 's biggest interior design influencers
An influencer is someone who inspires, motivates and creates opinion, who wants to influence what other people do. The idea is often to get people to buy certain objects or services through articles in the social media.
According to the influencer marketing concern Beatly the ten biggest Instagram influencers in interior design in Sweden are: Jesper Laursen (@scandina- vianhomes), Carolina Gynning (@carolina- gynning), Joanna Johansson (@joannajohanssonx), Helena Löfstedt (@mylittleredhouse), Niki Brantmark (@myscandinavian home), Vanessa Valderma (@interiorbyvanessa), Nina (@interior_by_nina), Hesho Hama Rashid (@home_byhesho), Carolina Carlsson (@inredningsdesign) and Frida Ramstedt (@trendenser).
Sources: Framtid.se and Beatly