When ”Football for everyone” was threatened with being disbanded IFÖ Bromölla IF took over. Now IFÖ Bromölla has been awarded a prize as the most including club of the year in north-east Skåne.
Congratulations on winning the prize!
– Thanks, integration in Bromölla isn't all that easy. The first year we were given money from the municipality, but not any more, says Peter Ekstrand, who is in charge of the activity.
– Skåneidrotten gives us a contribution. Bromöllahem doesn't charge us for the hall. The young people help me, no other adults are involved.
”Football for all” works just like night football in Kristianstad.
– We're open on Friday evenings, with drop-in until eight o'clock, sometimes till nine. It gives them something to do, so that they don't get up to mischief.
Earlier the football was organised by the youth centre.
– When they decided to close down, I thought we should take over. It's so important. We usually have around 50 participants. During the Christmas holidays our top figure was 83.
How many girls come along?
– Just a handful, I'm afraid. We're planning to have a project for girls in the future, probably straight after school.